The past 4 days or so have been sooo hot up here in Tri-cities. We've been sitting around that 100 degree mark, and I am not used to this kind of heat anymore! It doesn't help that the temperature has been all over the place the last few months. It seems like in the past week and a half we've jumped about 10 degrees every couple of days. It went from being 70 degrees outside to 100 in just about 2 weeks time.....YIKES!
So anyway, on to the reason for the title of the blog....Since it's been about 100 degree's lately Dave and I noticed that our apartment was pretty warm. No matter how low we set the thermostat it never seemed to get below 75 in our house. Up until a few days ago we didn't really mind it. Until last night it just got to be too much! It was a sweltering 82 degree's while we were trying to sleep. (Did I mention it stayed that hot all night?..and it rained!!!????) It was miserable. We even had to bust out a fan from long long ago. Dave and I tossed and turned for about an hour before we got some good shut-eye.
A half hour into the tossing and turning I looked at David and said "Doesn't this remind you of the good old days in our first apartment?" and we got some chuckles out of that. Our first place that we lived had no AC what-so-ever, and when you live in Eugene-its a nice thing to have!
So, to stay cool at night, we used to put a big industrial fan from the 80's that my parents had in our window. ( You know, the "llluuuuukkkkeeee I am your fffaaaaaaattttthhhheeerrrr" fans that we all had when we were little) Then we had 2 different fans on the opposite side of our room. One sat on our dresser, and the other we put on the floor by the door. At least that way we constantly had air on us and it made it bearable until about 10 o'clock the next day.
Now that we live in Kennewick, our apartment has a central A/C unit, and the first thing we did this morning was called the apartment managers and tell them we were melting in our apartment! Thankfully the maintenance guy came over this afternoon and fixed everything. Turns out our breaker wasn't even turned on outside! So our apartment was pretty much just blowing in air without cooling it first.
So now my apartment is a nice 70 degrees.....it's like heaven!
On other news- I finally am back in school! yay! I'm taking a math class, computer class, and an online office class. So far it's going pretty well. Even though I must admit I forgot how long homework takes when your in college! I don't know if it's especially bad at the college I'm at. But I generally have about 2 hours of homework a night. I guess that's normal though, I'm not sure anymore.
David is still working at the hydraulic hose company, but he's going to be going to school full-time with me this fall. I'll be glad when that happens too, I hate being the only one who hasta stay home and do homework. It's no fare, he gets to play anytime he wants. (ha ha)
I'm still looking for a job. The only place that I haven't really applied yet is McDonalds....But I'm almost starting to get that desperate to get a job. I don't know what it is. People say that they are hiring, and I put in my nice pretty resume that my old boss helped me with...and I still don't get any call backs on it! sigh, I guess I'm supposed to be learning a lesson of humility or something! My grandma kind of made me feel better when she came down. She just told me it was the lord's way of telling me that none of those jobs were right for me....But if that's the case, I wish I can find one soon that is! I'm not going to see any of my loan money until next month, so a little extra cash from a part time job would be nice!
Speaking of money, David and I are FINALLY going to get our rebate checks from the government. When we do get that, we are going to cancel our cellphones. Mine keeps crappin out on me. It's starting to drop calls, and magically turn off even though it says it has full battery. We are going to just have some pre-paids for a couple of months, so we can still make and receive calls if we really have too. Then in a couple months we will go get new phones. If we wait 4 months we will have made up for the costs of canceling the phones. So, I just wanted to give everyone the heads up on that......
But I guess I've gabbed enough, this blog is turning into quite the novel! haha
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Ugh, it's been sweltering down here too. Our house has been 87-80 throughout the night. The days have been unbearable also. We had to get the kids a pool. Glad to hear school is going well and I am so proud of David for deciding to take the plunge! You guys can share books!
Heh, well I like the heat that we have been having. It remindes me of St. George. OH! speaking about that, I got a haircut[I know, I know surprise surprise] and I found an old friend of yours. She worked in the Mall around the same time you were working there. She asked about me and you in particular and we chatted a little bit.
Its funny! I love the heat, just love it...TO A POINT! The not sleeping thing always gets to a person.....Glad the fans are helping...
Post a Comment