Friday, September 3, 2010

Lots of posting!

Lots has happened since I posted I was offered the job at Pullman Family Medicine. I was all dressed and ready to go sign my paperwork and make it official with the company-when lo and behold, I got a call from one of the Doctor's offices in Moscow-and they wanted to interview me for their open receptionist position as well. YIKES.

I was so excited, but totally freaked out and didn't know what to do. I called my Mom in a panic asking how to deal with everything. I really wanted to interview for a local position (because it would save me driving 30 minutes one way to work everyday.) But I felt like I had all ready committed myself to Pullman, and I was due to sign the paperwork in 30 minutes. My mom told me it was totally acceptable to ask for more time in filling out the paperwork. So, I called Pullman Family Med. asked to reschedule for next week-and went to interview with Moscow Family Medicine the next day.

It also got a little more crazier than that. I had emailed the medical records department at the hospital when we first moved in. AND on the same day I was interviewing for Moscow Family Medicine-The director of the med. record department emailed me and told me she had a clerical position open and to send my resume.

Ok. At this point I was freaking out! I've never in my life had 3 companies interested in me at the same time. I emailed the lady at the hospital back and told her I was interested, but she had to get back to me by today (Friday) because I had other offers I had to be respectful of. Turns out she never emailed me back though...so oh well, no big deal.

Anyway, so on to the story-

I interviewed with Moscow Family Medicine, and it went really well. I asked them if they would get back to me by today because I had another offer I had to be professionally courteous of....... and BLAM-O-I got a call this morning from the lady that interviewed me saying she wants me to work for their company.

In the end, Moscow Family Medicine was going to start me out at 50 cents higher than Pullman would, and told me I had the same opportunity to grow within the company after I had my degree.

I called Pullman Family Medicine and Kelly (the supervisor) wasn't in. So I left her a voicemail/and email telling her I was declining their offer. It kind of makes me feel like a total scumbag. I mean, I know I shouldn't. I didn't fill out the paperwork-so it's not like they invested a lot in me other than a background check. But I still feel horrible verbally accepting a position and then backing out.
It'll just be so much nicer for me in the winter time when there's 2 feet of snow on the ground to only drive around town to go to work. I feel bad, but at the same time, I'm going to commit to a company for the next 4 to 5 years while we're in Moscow. (And no, we aren't waiting that long to have kids. Once I have my degree I can code out of my home :o) ..... I can be Dave's sugar mamma-AND a real mamma!)

Anyway-Long story short. You are now looking at one of the front office staff for Moscow Family Medicine, AND their urgent care clinic front staff. (I guess they want to flop me around from facilities.)

Phew. What a story hu? Heavenly Father must have a sense of humor. I was just praying to find a job. I didn't know there would be so much drama getting the job. :o)

4 comments:

Daniel and Tiffany Ward said...

Congratulations!

Bryan, Stacie, Claire, Mia and Buddy said...

That is awesome. I'm so glad things worked out for you guys. We miss you here. You'll have to come and visit.

Lanette said...

Although stressful, it sounds like it worked out so perfectly well! Hooray!!! Congrats!

Shelli said...

That is wonderful! So great that you got a choice, and one that is closer to you! Good luck with everything!! :)