Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Workin girl.....Sort of.

My new job is amazing. I haven't even started yet! Uhhh, what? Yup. I still have yet to start my new job. Every time they give me a start date, my boss calls me the night before and says she doesn't have time to train me until ___________(insert date here.) She told me she would for sure start me on Friday though.

Anyway, on to the interesting part of the story. When my boss called me last night to push back my start date she offered me full time work. (Full time for them is anything over 32 hours.) But I told her thanks, but no thanks. I told her I would do full time for a couple weeks, but then they needed to drop me down. She told me that probably wouldn't work because of insurance problems. Part-time people don't get them.....really!?! What about my plan???? Anndd deennnn after I hung up with her I remembered her telling me their urgent care full time people work 3 12 hour shifts. I stewed on that fact all night, and decided that if she could schedule me no more than 4 days a week, I could make that work with my schooling.

I went in and talked with her about it this morning, and she gladly told me she could make that work. So now I'll work 4 days a week. Plus-GET INSURANCE!!! wahhhooooo. I'm sure it will suck for those 3 or 4 days, because I'll go to work, come home, do homework for 2 hours and then go to bed. But then I would have 3 days off, or maybe 4, to get my homework done. Plus get insurance, plus make more money, plus and allow Dave to just focus on school for a while. (I'm sure he'll still work, but this way we'll be ok if he only works 10 or 15 hours a week.)

So that's my new news, I'm going to work full time now. Urg. Wish me luck!!!

4 comments:

Jen said...

That's great! It's no soooo bad. (Ok, it's bad) We never get to see Tim either, but there's a light at the end of the tunnel! Right?

Lanette said...

Good luck! You'll do wonderfully. That sounds like a lot of multi-tasking and hard work, but knowing you, you'll make it look easy =)

Bryan, Stacie, Claire, Mia and Buddy said...

It won't be so bad. You can do it. I'm so excited for you. We miss you guys!!

Ashley said...

I hope we still get to see you sometimes!