Thursday, May 29, 2008

Wonderful 1,500 calorie diets!!!! ...............only not

I finally had to do it! I had to put myself on a diet. There is no other way I'm going to lose weight. (At least I'm pretty sure) I've been working out now solid for about 3 weeks, and do you know how much weight I've lost?.......................................................NONE!!!!! Not even one measly little pound! I don't know why not either. I mean it's not like I'm eating 3 thousand calories a day. So I finally had to crack, and put myself on a diet. Well, I shouldn't say diet...I'm just counting my calories and making sure I don't go over 1,500. I think as long as I keep my calorie in-take at that level and keep working out like I have been-I should be able to loose weight. I might have to take it down to 1,200...But I hope I don't have to do that for a few months. Everyone will have to keep me in check though, and make sure that I'm doing it. I put up a calorie chart on my fridge, and I hope that helps. It seemed to help today, since every time I opened up the fridge it was right there. It's kind of like my little cheerleader.
I hope I turn into a super-model in the next couple months. haha!


Well, I finally got things in order for school!!!! I'm so excited! I have a meeting with a councilor on June 10th, and school starts on the 23rd. I even got my financial aid in this time!!! It's all looking really good. So I'll finally be living "the college life" pretty soon. I finally decided that I should major in performing arts, and minor in business. Maybe if I get really ambitious I can go to school later on and get my masters so I can teach at a school. But if I at least have a bachelor's in art I can be a tutor out of my home or something. I don't know...well see.
Dave is finally getting on the ball with things too. He just needs to drop off his application for school.

I've still been applying for jobs like crazy! I've been trying to find part time work now that I'm all set up to go to school. David's supervisor at work gave me the heads up that the city health district was hiring for a part-time clerk. I jumped on that one and gave them my application yesterday. I've also applied for a couple retail stores, so we'll see where the wind takes me with work...Not that I care that much about where I work, I'm more concerned with school.

Aside from that news, not much is happening, still just a full-time cleaner/doggie taker-carer person.

1 comment:

WASHINGTON SOUTHWORTHS said...

Congrats on getting the school thing taken care of. I gotta take a couple (maybe just one) classes in the fall to finish some pre-reqs before I start the nursing program. That's the plan at least.

And way to stick to your calories! I gotta start that up again. Argh!! I just need to do it and quit complaining!! Help me! :)