Sunday, May 11, 2008

I'M BACK!!! WAAAA HOO!

So, we finally have our internet hooked up again!
The only downer is we ended up going back to charter! We kept trying to find a different internet company, but a lot of major companies didn't have service in our area, or they were ridiculously expensive...So we wounded up head-down back to charter... But at least we have the internet again. I never realized how hard it is to live without it! I am awful at keeping a checkbook, so I need the net because I check my online banking ALL the time! Dave and I pay every single bill we can online too. I've even been using the internet to enter in my time for work...Not having the internet for a month killed me!
Gosh-I've been gone for a month now! I'm trying to think of all the new things that are going on.

The job: Well, the job situation isn't the greatest. My temp position at the library is up on the 23rd. I thought for sure I would have another job by now, but I'm a loser and still can't find any permanent work. I talked to the temp agency and they are going to have something lined up for me, so we won't loose out on money...But I still feel like a complete loser!

Friends: WE FINALLY MADE SOME FRIENDS!!!!! They are a wonderful newlywed couple-and they are a blast to hang out with! They have been married for 10 months, so they're kind of out of the "honeymoon" stage, as some people call it. They had us over last Sunday and we watched the RM--we brought popcorn too. We thought maybe that would be an incentive for them to hang out with us again...And it most have worked! They worked out with us on Wednesday night, and came over last night and watched a movie. It's been glorious having someone else to chat with other than ourselves.
We sort of have another couple friend, but we haven't really spent to much time with them. They came to the temple with us on Saturday, but when we invited them over to our house afterward they blew us off...So we'll see what comes of that.

School: I have my application done for CBC (Columbia Basin College) and I'm dropping it off this week! Dave even got done my financial aid. I hope everything works out this term! I'm sooo ready to get back into school. I figured I can just go part time for summer term, and then jump into full time in the fall. (After my fam and I go to Disneyland) woot woot!

Other news: My hair!!!
Since Dave and I are broke, and I'm not thrilled on the idea of paying an arm and a leg to dye it...I went back to brown. Everyone at work said they preferred it this way instead of all the blond highlights I had in it. I must say it does help with my "pink" complexion. I don't know why, but I always have a rose pink face! The tons of blond I had in my hair made it really obvious, at least now it's not so easy to tell.

Working out: Yes, yes, I have been working out! My 'oh so wise sister' gave me some pointers from that crazy trainer off of "The biggest loser," and I must admit--it's finally starting to work. I can finally see some fat melting off my thighs. I thought I was loosing wight around my mid-section, and my boobs. (Sorry, way to much information) But when I put on my dress last night at the temple it still felt as tight as I remember it....So hopefully with a couple more weeks that will change.

Other News: Dave and I went to the temple last night. As I stated above. It was absolutely amazing! I forgot how wonderful it is. We live 5 minutes away from it, and this is the first time I've gone since we've lived here! We are going 3 times this month though, so that should make up for it ;o)
Primary: Oh dear, primary....My kids are already starting to make me pull my hair out! I have 5 girls, and all but one are little drama queens. They are always bickering with each other.. I try to make my class as fun as I possibly can--and I try to get them moving around and have lots of object lessons..but I don't think they ever really get the point of the lesson.
They already have their own clicks too...AND THEY ARE ONLY 4!!!!! (I thought that didn't start until middle school????!!) I have one absolute sweetheart in the class who manages to not get involved with all the bickering. The other 4 girls, however, split right down the middle. There is always 2 on 2 arguing that goes on. I try to stop it, and get their focus on me instead of each other, and that never works. I've almost sent some of the girls into time out. (Can you even do that in primary??) Short of asking their parents for pointers on how to deal with their kids-I'm totally lost. If anyone has advice on how to deal with 4 year olds--PLEASE--share your wisdom!

The dogs: Are doing fine. Sydney is doing well with obedience training. Right now, she knows how to sit, down (down off the couch,) wait (wait at the door before she can be let out) and off. (not sniffing or trying to eat something) and come when she's called. I'm in the process of teaching her how to lie-down. Our next big task will be training her to heel.
Roxy is just Roxy, she is-and always will be adorably mischievous.

Whew...that was a novel. But I think I've caught up on everything that's gone on this past month.

3 comments:

WASHINGTON SOUTHWORTHS said...

YAAAAAAAAYYYYYY!!! I'm so glad you're back! Too bad you have to go with the same internet provider, though. I'm always the one that has to call when Qwest screws up our billing and it is a 45minute minimum call! It takes my whole lunch hour!

Anyway! Thanks for the fabulous update - very well organized and covered all the main points. Have fun catching up on everyone else's blogs, though!! :)

I like the hair. Part of me envys those with deep, rich brown hair - but I love my blonde! I'm a big fan of the highlights, so that would be REALLY hard for me to give up.

I'm sorry your temp job is ending - at least they said they'll have something else ready for you. I'm sure you'll find something more permanent soon.

I'm happy to hear about your new friends - that's the one thing we miss out on by not living in some sort of apartment or townhouse complex - we don't have any friends that are really close by. And as for the working out - I am with ya! I'm still not anywhere close to the level I was at before I got pregnant, so it's really frustrating to see half of Ethan's closet full of clothes that are still too small. :( I'm working on it, though! Let's keep tabs on each other! :)

Thanks again for the update! Sorry this is so long...

Daniel and Tiffany Ward said...

It is so good to hear from you. I teach the 5 year old in primary. They are a VERY active group. The other week two boys went to the bathroom (for the buddy system) and one of them runs back and starts screaming because the other one put soap in his hair. Although it's kind of harsh, I give them one warning, then we go out into the hall and talk, if the behavior keeps up then they go to their parents.
We got permission from the primary presidency to alter the lesson a little for our class. Now we do all the object lessons in the book, then add in a few that are relavent to the lesson (there are some great websites). The kids are always doing SOMETHING now, so it cuts down on a lot of the disturbances, they want to be there, so they behave a little better.
Those are my ideas on primary.

Jen said...

Hooray! Glad you're back. It sounds like everything is going pretty darn good. I am so glad you guys made friends. And good job for working out!