Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Back to being a loser!

My temporary job ended a week earlier than it was supposed too, so unfortunately I'm back to having no job!!! Well, I should phrase it as 'in between' jobs. I'm just sitting around until the temp agency finds something else for me to do.
I hate sitting around and not making money though, it makes me feel like such a loser! It would be different if I had a baby to take care of...But I don't, I just have myself and the dogs. Even though I did have this REALLY weird dream that I was prego last night. I had to wake up and remind myself that it wasn't real!....or was it???................(bum bum bah!) Just kidding!
So I've done some projects around the house that have desperately needed done; Huge piles on laundry, cleaned the burners in the kitchen, bleached the floors in the bathroom, re-arranged the kitchen a bit...and I still feel like I haven't done anything productive with my time off.
I feel like the only way I contribute is by making money. I think I blame that side of me on my Mom...Growing up, I can always remember her career coming first before her family (whether it was intentional or not) I guess that's one thing I'm going to have to work really hard on in myself to reverse. And what more perfect time to do it! I've got the next few days to think about it! ( ha ha) I think what I hate living paycheck to paycheck, I should just become a gajillionaire and then I would never have to worry about it! (ha ha)
I do have an interview on Thursday for a company called Pacific Office Automation. They sell office supplies. (Maybe it could be like a real-life office?) We'll have to see how that goes, I'm not to thrilled on the idea of going back to sales--but if the price is right I might go back to it. We'll see, I think I'll just be honest and upfront about wanting to go back to school in the fall and see if they still want me or not.

1 comment:

Jen said...

I remember those days. Don't feel like a loser. Just enjoy it. I remember everyone telling me that while we were in Calgary for a couple of months. I felt like the mother of all losers. But your mommie time will come, and then you'll look back and wonder why you didn't savor every moment of solitude!!! Love ya sis.