Monday, February 4, 2008

Life updates!

I realized now that Dave and I are going to have to post more often to keep everyone up to date now that we live in Washington.
Roxy is fine! Wahoo! All of her tests came back ok. They didn't find any diabetes or urinary infections. So It could have been she was just nervous and adjusting to something knew...who knows...I'm just glad that she is ok.
I did get another temporary job at a Library here in town working as an HR assistant and I LOVE IT!!!!! My supervisor is the greatest person ever! She is so sweet and supportive, she helped David fix up his resume so it looked more professional, and she offered to do that same thing for me. She even helped David get set up with an interview at her husbands work...unfortunately the construction company she referred him to said she need someone more experienced. But oh well....She also offered to use her as a reference for jobs that I apply to in the future! I've only known her for a week and a half too...she is just terrific! I think Heavenly Father puts people like her in your life just so you don't feel so helpless....Dave and I felt like total losers before we met her.....anyway, I could go on and on about her and the wonderful things she's done for us.
Other news, I'm thinking I'm going to go to cosmetology school....I know...(what!) But it's always something I wanted to learn how to do. I've kind of planned it out, and I can start in May and it will only take me a little over a year to get certified, and then I can move on and go to WSU while I work at a salon part-time. Not to mention you can actually make decent money doing hair. It should work out perfectly with the job I have now too. It will end right around the time I'm ready to start.
So, I think that's the only big news I needed to report....Whatever else comes up I'll keep you informed!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Wow! Well, I'm glad there's at least one person up there who is taking care of you guys! That's unusual for a supervisor Usually, they only care about what you did wrong!! I'm glad things are on the up though!