Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Cars/family/work/life/exercise

I know, the title is weird.
I haven't written a blog in almost a month, so I figured I was due for one. Work is still great! The only sad thing is my supervisor put in her 2 week notice. She just got an amazing job offer that she couldn't pass up. They are offering her way more money, and she wont have to work 80+ hours a week anymore. So I'm way happy for her--and it's not going to effect my job at all. Even if she leaves, the library is still going to have work for me. It just gives me more motivation to actually find a permanent job :o )
Well as you all know, David got in a little accident a couple weeks ago...But the car is fixed and everything is fine now. It wasn't as bad as I was thinking it was going to be. David has made the PROMISES OF ALL PROMISES and told me that he is no longer going to have accidents. We still haven't switched over our insurance from Oregon to Washington....I'll have to try to do that this next week. Considering we've been here almost 2 months....urgh, I'm so glad that we moved and I love it here....but I hate the crap that goes along with moving. I still have to change my license ....( I know I know) A lot of it has been we haven't really had the money to go get new licenses and new insurance...But now that we're both working we should be ready in no time.
I've decided that people here our wonderful! Especially our bishop, he really cares for everyone in the ward. We've had weekly meetings with him since we've been here. He always makes sure we are doing ok with money. We had 2 new couples move into the ward too--BOTH without kids! WAHOO we will have friends at last! haha....
I've finally started to get a little more serious about my health. I'm finally caring how much I eat, and how much junk food and fast food I eat...and I've started walking at least a mile and a half everyday. I wish that it had instant effect, and I magically loose 50 gajillion pounds...But I already feel better, and that's good.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Ditto with what Tim just said. I'll take pictures of the swirly in the poopy toilet. And I can't wait to get out of here either!! Good job on the lifestyle changes!! Keep it up. If you find something that works, let me know, I'm desperate.

Robins Blog said...

New friends are fun! I am totally excited for you guys...Have you had any interaction with the new couples?

As for David's promise...HEHEHEHEH Never say never:-)

Hugs
R