Not that I have anything that new or exciting to post. Everyone knows about the baby. I can say now though that we're having a bouncing baby BOY!!! David is of course over the moon about this fact. I'm pretty excited too, I knew we'd be having a boy from the second I found out I got pregnant. I just couldn't see a little girl. Even when I was 6 weeks along I would refer to the fetus as a 'he.'
The pregnancy thus far has been ok, my blood pressure is starting to go up a little bit, so my Doc wants to keep an eye on that and make sure it doesn't turn into preeclampsia. (I really hope I spelled that right). At this point I hope it doesn't turn into a big deal. I'm 32 weeks now, so if my BP can hold in there just a few more weeks we should be good. I definitely can't take off extra maternity time before the baby even gets here!
Speaking of maternity time, I got a new job! That's been for a few months now. I got a job working as a medical coder at a hospital in Clarkston, Washington. It's a bit of a drive from Moscow. It takes me about 45 minutes to drive down there. As much as I don't like the drive, I'm just grateful to finally be doing something in my field of work. I feel super accomplished that I finished school and got a job so fast. The joys of a 'technical' degree I guess. Get in. Get out. Get working. It certainly pays the bills a lot better than my last job as a receptionist did.
I'm really sad I'll have to go back to work though. I always thought since David and I struggled for so long to have a baby, that, when we did have one-everything would magically work out. I always pictured myself being able to stay at home with my baby. In the future I could have that potential, but right now fresh out of college companies that hire 'from home' work just aren't interested in me. I have to put in the time to a hospital and get some experience before I could go with that option.
I wish sometimes we could work 'the system' so I could stay home. But since Dave and I have always worked and gone to school, we don't qualify for any sort of assistance. So that leaves me with the only choice of going back to work. It's so messed up that if your honest and try to work your way through life you get screwed. That's a WHOLE separate topic I guess though.
Anyway, right now our next move will be moving closer to where I work. That way if I find a nanny or a day care center and I can be close by. Dave will try to take whatever classes he can for the next year at a college down in Lewiston, and then he'll to the migrating thing 2-3 times a week up to Moscow for school.
Other than that, life is just life my friends! Working, and watching my belly get bigger and the numbers on the scale increasing...(I DO NOT like that fact!) I lost 30 pounds before I got pregnant just to put it right back on again....and then some. I have a lot of work to put in after the baby comes to get back in shape and get back on my weight-loss track I was on.
Until next time!



3 comments:
I'm so excited for you guys to have a baby! I can't wait to see pics.
Ahhh, so excited for you! So cute that you've known you're having a boy the whole time!
And it's true! It's so frustrating the way some people work hard and don't qualify for help, and others don't work at all and get everything handed to them. Arg!
Gaining weight is never fun, but at least in pregnancy it is a good thing! I'll have the same problem in a week. I'm just praying I weight at least 15 pounds less coming out than going in. Good luck with your baby!
Post a Comment