Tuesday, February 22, 2011

I'm gonna do it!

I'm goin to do what exactly?


Start kickin myself in the butt about this whole weight loss issue. (Yes it's a pain.) But I've always chalked up my weight loss failure to having PCOS-Which it IS true. They've proven it's harder for women with PCOS to lose weight.....But that shouldn't mean it's impossible right?!?

I've decided I haven't lost weight because I don't really hold myself accountable for it. Yes, I excersie and try to eat healthy...But obviously if I'm going to lose any weight at all I'm going to have to put a little bit more effort into it.

I've read up on some friends blogs and talked with them about their weight loss strategies, and a lot of them use a 'blog' to help them lose the weight. So in a way, I might start doing it. I might not get all gung-ho and write a new post every week. But I think just something to keep me going. Originally that goal was 'baby.' But I mostly get frustrated with that because of the PCOS. There isn't a gaurantee that IF I lose the weight, I'll magically get pregnant. And honestly-that might even be hindering my weight loss because then I think 'screw it, I'm not going to be able to get pregnant anyway.' Maybe not that extreme, but for now, it just doesn't seem like good enough motivation-given how frustrating that whole track has been the last couple years.

So alas, I've made a full circle. I think I'm going to start making myself a little more accountable for my actions by telling people what I've done. If I tell a buch of people "Yeah, I'm trying to lose weight, but I ate pizza for lunch yesterday--Taco time for dinner the night after--And a McFlurry because it's Friday night" I'll be way more mindful about what I stuff in my face.

I'm trying to aviod carbs right now *tear* Which, honestly-I actually CAN live without bread and pasta. It's ice cream I can't live without. I keep trying to convince myself that ice cream isn't really a carb...It's just sugar.......Uh, yeah....I know the logic doesn't make sense carbs=sugar which =more fat on my gut.

It's mostly dinner and night snacking that kills me. I've been trained ever since I was a little kid to veg infront of the T.V. We ALWAYS had chips, ice cream, or whatever else while we watched tv.

I should actually make a blog just about staying away from snacks at night....That alone could probably help me lose 5 pounds in 2 weeks.

Anyway, I really am done rambling about the weight loss issue...Just be prepared for a few posts now and then on how I'm doing. ANNNDDD bug me about it! The more I have people asking me what I ate, or how much I work out I'll feel more pressured to stick to it! *grin*

5 comments:

Ashley said...

Good for you! It is so hard to watch what you eat, especially when there is so much yummy food around. Good Luck, I always have a hard time with that but you will do awesome!

WASHINGTON SOUTHWORTHS said...

I'll bug you if you bug me. ;) Deal?

Jen said...

You can do it! (Said in that voice Rob Schneider does on The Waterboy)

Lanette said...

You're awesome! I know that I need accountability when I'm trying to lose weight too--it's a good motivator for me! Shaun has an excel chart he records both of our weights on, and it has a little line graph that goes down when weight goes down. It's insane how motivated I am to just keep that stupid line from spiking back up! Anyway, you really are awesome! I'll definitely be checking back lots to see how it's going! Yay!!!

Bryan, Stacie, Claire, Mia and Buddy said...

I'm happy for you. I've been trying to loose weight too. It isn't always the easiest. Maybe reading your posts will help me have more motivation to do it myself. You can do it!!!