Yup....this is how we roll in Idaho.
Well, we made it. And we're pretty much settled in. Getting the house in order is a little ridiculous because I'm used to having way more space...but we're making it work. Including having our new room mate. AKA, David's sister Jen.
Dave has been in school for one week and so far he seems he likes it. He has a lot of art related classes, and I'm always amazed about how well of a drawer he is. Hopefully our kids will inherit that, because I can't even draw stick figures.
We're both looking for work, I just had an interview for a medical office in Pullman, and Dave has interviewed with a local ranching/hardware store in town. We're both keeping our fingers crossed on those ones.
Last week was super fun and we went to a free Eve6 concert that was at the University for Orientation. (I know right...a BAND at orientation? What is this!?) But it was a lot of fun to see them. Not to mention David was SUUUUPPPEEERR excited about seeing them. They've been one of his favorite bands for a couple of years now.
We've made some new friends and that's always nice. It's neat to be around so many broke married college students! We're still pretty much the only people without babies, AND we've been married about 4 to 4 1/2 years longer than all the couples in our ward...but it's all good. Everyone is calling us the 'veterans.' haha.
We just got called called to work in the Primary....Which I was TOTALLY shocked about. I thought for sure after being in primary for 3 years they would have me do something else-but apparently not! I'm super happy to be back in primary-but I'm also really sad that I'll continue to miss out on Sunday School. I really need to be in there. These past couple weeks I've sat in Sunday School thinking who the heck is this guy we're talking about, what did he do? How does everyone know this story? It makes me feel like a total idiot. Sigh*
Dave said we would make it a goal to still go over the lesson plans for Sunday School even though we're going to be serving in primary. So, I guess since he's a return missionary he can teach me about it. hehe
Anyway, here's some crazy, but fun pictures so far of our Idaho adventure. and a little of the Eve6 concert.
Dave's sister.
Laugh all you want, but I thought this butt tower was AMAZING! I couldn't believe the guy just hopped on up there.
I was so impressed the people next to us smiled for the camera. lol.



3 comments:
How fun! It sounds busy and exciting! Good luck with the job hunting!
How fun! It sounds busy and exciting! Good luck with the job hunting!
Ha! I love your concert pics!! :) Glad you are settling in. Moving that far is always an adventure. I think I've said this before in a comment, but even though we have Ethan, we kinda feel the same way you do with everyone else having babies... The average in our ward is at least 4 kids already!
Post a Comment