Friday, May 28, 2010

Little of this and that.

Well, I still don't know who that heath.c is, but the wonderful thing about blogspot is being able to block someone. I was worried for a second I would have to mark my profile as private. phew* Glad that's over!

On another note, I am off to Portland for the weekend! I'm super excited. I'm going to spend some time with one of my old crazy high school friends. I love her so much, she is such a breath of fresh air. She's a liberal, (I know, but I still love her!) she's Buddhist, and she thinks on a much much deeper level than I ever do. We always have the best conversations.

Not to mention, I really, REALLY want to take a few days off from school. I know I'll be kicking myself later this weekend for not working harder on it. But, at least the term is almost over so I can't get that far behind...right?

I have to talk about my new job though, I LOOOOVVVEEE it!!! I get to be Elijah's learning coach for his home school program. It is so fun to watch him learn, and see things 'click' when he gets it. He's such a super smart kid. I always have to laugh at myself because he even corrects ME sometimes. We'll be reading his literature book and he'll stop me and say I pronounced something wrong. (For the most part, I think I pronounce them correctly, but I let him have his way with a few things. Either that, or we bust out his dictionary to look at how to pronounce something.)

I think for the most part Elijah's happy too. I don't know what he was like at public school, but he generally seems excited about most of his school work. Especially math, gosh-that kid can SMOKE you with math. It's a good thing I took algebra in college recently, or he would really give me a hard time. It's bad enough he has to put up with my miss-pronouncing words.

If I had tons of time and money, I would totally change my degree and get into teaching. I'm definitely not the best teacher out there, but I really like the job. It gives me a little glimpse into why being a Mom is so great. I can't wait till I get to teach my own kids down the road.

That part bugs me though. Down the road. I wish I was at that part in my life where kids could come now. I always think to myself I could handle having a kid right now. I mean, I'm almost done with college. I've worked in nursery, primary, cub scouts, and tutoring. I've (we've) prayed and prayed about it for a year now, and nothing has happened. It makes me wonder what I'm doing wrong...why can't we be blessed with a kid now? Would I be horrible at it?

And I know that the saying is 'when it's right, it'll happen.' But, that doesn't give someone much solace while they're waiting now. I know I'm still young, and I have plenty of years ahead of me to worry about kids. I try to convince myself that all the time. But that doesn't stop me from wanting a kid now...It's something that I've had a serious struggle with lately.

Oh well, I didn't want this to be a sympathy post or anything. It's just something that makes one feel better writing about it.

One last side note-I'm super excited about Eclipse!!! Woot woot! Next month baby!!!!

6 comments:

WASHINGTON SOUTHWORTHS said...

Well have fun in Portland this weekend!! A little get-away is always good for the soul... even if it means some scrabbling to catch up later! :)

PS: On the baby thing... I am so there.

Steph said...

I love your post. You have really got a gift with teaching, no doubt about it. Elijah is a HUGE fan of yours...as are all of the kids I've seen you working with. Your future posterity is very lucky indeed. FYI- I'm praying for you to have octuplets. I think that would be cool. Hugs.

Lanette said...

I hope you had fun in Portland!

About trying to have a baby--waiting is awful. I'm sorry :( Whether or not you're young it's tough, especially when you're really committed to the idea. But I promise that it not happening yet has absolutely nothing to do with how good you'd be at it. Some of the people I know who have the best parenting skills can't have kids. You aren't doing anything wrong at all! I'm so sorry you're struggling with that. Have you seen a doctor? You're in my prayers!

Love, Lanette

Bryan, Stacie, Claire, Mia and Buddy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bryan, Stacie, Claire, Mia and Buddy said...

Rach, I know waiting is hard. I've been there. It wasn't easy to wait to get pregnant with Claire and it wasn't easy to wait to get pregnant with baby beluga banana (see our blog). I DO know without a doubt the Lord knows when the time is right for us. Even if it is a trial for us to wait for that time. I'm here if you ever need to talk. I'm excited about the Eclipse too.

Jen said...

Since I've been in those exact same shoes before (and still am), I know there isn't anything that anyone can really say to make you feel better. But I love you and I will pray for you to have octuplets too!!! Keep being positive, no matter how long it takes ;) Oh, and you're welcome to come and borrow my kids anytime you want.