So, Dave and I celebrated our 4 year anniversary a couple days ago on the 10th. It's weird to think that it's already been 4 years. No wonder why everyone asks us why we don't have kids yet....Don't normal people have kids by now? Well, I guess I never claimed to normal, and Dave is a little off too, lol, I guess that's why we work out so well.
I was thinking back today about our wedding. To me, everything now just seems like a hilarious disaster. (But honestly, who's wedding actually does go according to plan?) It started the night before on a Friday, we had to travel up to Portland to get sealed, so we decided to do that the night before. It was my job apparently to bring my Dad's tux, (which I didn't know at the time that he was going to wear it in Portland....since we we're having the reception back home.) So, anyway...I was supposed to bring the tux. But Did I????? No. When do we find out that Dad didn't pack any church clothes? 11 o'clock at night. Tim volunteered to drive back home and get it, but that would have put him coming back to Portland around 3 in the morning.
So I get a bright idea, and call Dave's best friend who was coming to the temple the next day-and have him break into my apartment to get the tux. Thankfully I was a dumb dumb and left my window unlocked.
So everyone else but me and my Maid of Honor/Best Friend goes to bed. Stef and I stay up until 2 O'clock getting my nails done, then wake up at the butt-crack of dawn around 5:30 so she can get my hair done. My sister came in around 8 to do my make up, because lets face it, no one can to make-up like Jen.
Then we get a knock on our door from David's Mom saying that he's requesting concealer. He got a zit on his face and was not very happy about it. (That doesn't add to the drama, but I think it's funny!)
Then we rush down the street where everything runs flawlessy for a couple of hours. David and I got sealed, and I remember thinking......WOW, this is it! This is him! We're really doing this!
So we get done at the Temple, have our lunchoen at O.G (Yum) and rush back down to Eugene to get ready for the reception. Stefenie went to go get her hair done, and said she would be back by the time they we're taking pictures. And she DID come back......crying!
The chick that did her hair put her in some weird 80's get up, and tried to rat her already curly hair. LOL it didn't really look that bad, but it still just added to the looonnnnggggg day.
After 2 hours of entertaining guests David and I FINALLY got to go home as husband and wife. But not before Stef broke the Temple that was ontop of our cake. haha. Love ya Stef! Anyway, looking back on it I thought it was kind of a funny story. I thought I would share and see what everyone thought.
Well, looking back it's been a VERY fun 4 years, and I hope we have a lot more of them.



8 comments:
Yay! Happy Annniversary! I laughed reading your story. I don't know anyone who had a wedding go without some kind of hitch. You guys look beautiful in your wedding picture.
Congrats!!! And happy anniversary! Love the wedding pictures and the reminiscing. I totally agree-all weddings seem to have some sort of mishap(s), and in retrospect it's usually funny, but in the moment, not so much. (My mom ironed my veil the night before the wedding, burning a huge hole into it, lol) You're a beautiful bride, I love the purple, and your cake is lovely! (By the way, your friend sounds like a superstar maid of honor!)
oh she was a HUGE superstar! She pretty much planned my whole wedding! I just showed up.
Always nice to hear a good wedding day story. My mom got drunk the night before my wedding and wouldn't wake up on wedding day. It rained. My hair flopped. I wore rubber Sporto duck shoes with my borrowed outdated dress. During the actual sealing, Eldon cried...I laughed. We came out of the temple husband and wife where my mom was smoking on the temple lawn. We were late to our reception...
Yeah, I'm so glad our marriage is way better than that day. LOL
Awwwww, Happy Anniversary! Hey, at least your wedding went better than mine! And at least Mom didn't scream at you at the top of her lungs! I thought it turned out great!
I'm so glad David found you Rachel, and you're part of our eternal family! You radiate sunshine and smiles wherever you go! I thought the wedding and reception were beautiful and went very smoothly. (I'll always regret having to hobble around on a cane and wear clunky black shoes, though!)
Cinda!
I completely forgot that you almost broke your foot the day before the wedding!
Yet another thing to add to that funny yet wonderful day!
Post a Comment