Well, there isn't much new to report on my blog. I quit my job at Burlington Coat Factory. I couldn't convince myself to stay there anymore when I was so unhappy. I went back to the temp. agency I worked with when we first moved here to see if they could set me up with some part-time work, and though they don't have any right now, they said they'd call me when something came in.
It's kind of scary, and I admit, stupid quitting my job with the economy the way it is....but I'm hoping that Heavenly Father answers my almost year long prayer of finding different work. So, if anyone hears about part-time work.....call me! :o)
The benefit of not working at BCF will be going home for the holidays. I thought Dave and I would miss out on seeing all our friends and family. (Because working in retail means being there Christmas eve, and the day after Christmas.) So I'm totally excited for that! It seems like way too long since I've gotten to hang out with my niece and nephew (and my totally awesome seester and brother-in-law.) ANNNNDDD my sister told me that one of my all-time favorite Eugene restaurants are opening up a location 1 mile from her house. Tear. It makes me so happy! There will be lots of freezing walks and good food up ahead! Not to mention spending time with the In-Laws. I'm pretty lucky to have scored some awesome ones.
Aside from the job, there really isn't anything else new and exciting to write about. Dave and I have been spending more time with the missionaries because of his ward missionary calling. And I've learned unless you want to end up knocking on doors with them-NEVER-invite them over for dinner. At least with the missionaries that are in our ward right now.
Once we got done with dinner we went outside and started pointing to buildings and telling them about the new people in the complex. They always ask us to give them the skinny on the few folks moving into the apartment complex, so they don't end up knocking on the same doors over and over.
So I started telling them about a 2 new girls my age who moved into the complex, and the missionaries asked if I had ever talked to her.
I told them I had a very brief encounter with one of the girls because her ankle bitter dogs went bizurk when I walked by with my dogs. I told them she seemed to be a pretty nice person. So, we continue chit-chatting for a couple minutes before we had to run over to a new members house to do an exchange with them.
Then out of the blue one of the missionaries says, "Um, I actually think we should go knock on that girls door."
My eyes must of had an extreme look of horror because the Elder started laughing and said, "well, my companion and I will go" so I relaxed and told them to go right ahead and I would head to the car. When the same Elder says, "actually, I'm kind of getting the impression that you should go with us sister Eastin."
I had no clue what to think or say about that. I knew that they we're missionaries, and when they have inspiration you should follow it....but I was seriously thinking this time that he was wrong. I was sooo petrified.
So the elders decided with, or without me, they were going to knock on her door...and David (the brave returned missionary that he is) went with them. So I hung back around my front door and let them laugh at my panic-stricken face and walk off without me. Only to remember-David locked the door. nice. I knew my only choices were to stand outside my house like an idiot, or go with the missionaries.
Sooooo, there I am standing with the missionaries at this girls apartment when they invite her to come to church and learn more about the gospel when I hear myself saying, "Yeah, you can totally come with us, or follow us in your own car...." gasp! Did I really just say that?......oh yeah. I did.
The girl, Sam, said her parents were going to be in town, but maybe some other time she would want to learn a bit more. I ended with telling her that if she ever wanted to get together for a "puppy date" I would be more than happy too.
I had never felt so stupid in all my life. It was an incredible experience (I'll give the missionaries that) but I couldn't help wonder if Sam thought I was a nut-job. To this day, I still haven't really had a chance to talk with her again...but I've found myself thinking at least she knows that I'm LDS, and that's the most important thing she could know about me anyway.
But long story short. Watch out for Elder Smith and Elder Duncun!!! They'll have you acting like a missionary in no time! ;o)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
I hear you LOUD AN CLEAR on the missionaries in our ward. They get an A+ for effort and enthusiasum. They pulled the same deal on me that they did on you. I was simply answering their question about how I liked my neighbors, then the next thing I knew, they we coming over to tell me that they had just visited one of them, who happens to be an on-again-off-again walking buddy (depending on weather and life's happenings). Anyway, the elders were headed back soon for a second visit to take her a Book of Mormaon and told me how great the meeting went.
Yeah.
So I sent her a FB message to follow up about my lack of knowledge of the guys going over and that I am too much of a coward to actually take the initiative to send them over there, and I hoped she still loved me, but if she had any questions, I'm her girl.
Yep. I rambled just like you...we would make great missionaries, Rach! (ha)
Oh, Eldon and I are hoping to take an anniversary trip to Arizona...wanna stay with my kids again?
Post a Comment