Thursday, March 12, 2009

After all these years....

This title is seriously misleading, because really, this blog is about the Twilight series! haha!
I can't believe how good those stinkin books are! I haven't picked any of them up in over 3 months and I'm still DYING to read them. I've been really good and staying away from them while I'm in school though. I'm glad to know that there are other fans out there who are wayyy more addicted than I am. But I still like to consider myself a pretty big fan! I've also been counting down the time until the movie comes out-not that the movie was anywhere near as good as the book (how could it?) but it's still fun to watch.

Aside from still being obsessed with Twilight not much else is new. I know everyone at one point always says that they really have nothing to say, and right now, I feel the same. Our life is so boring now that we're full-time students. It's all just about homework, and being broke! haha, yay. Everyone's favorite.


I have been thinking about gratitude a lot lately though. A couple of days ago I had this huge presentation for my psychology class. I had super good info, and a not too bad power point to go along with it. The day of the presentation I put everything I needed right by my backpack so I wouldn't forget it....and what do ya know!?! I left my flashdrive sitting on the table!
A thought popped in my head that I didn't have it when I was literally 2 minutes away from the college. I have a math class before I have psychology, so with a grumble I turned the car around and drove back home. I called Dave in a huffy and whined about how I was going to miss out on part of math class, and how annoyed I was that I have to waste gas to go all the way home.
Dave ruffled my feathers and said, "Rach, your making this a way bigger deal than this has to be. Big deal, ya go home and miss part of class."

I got sooo mad! I couldn't believe all I wanted to do was vent and David said..it's not a big deal. (I know it really wasn't)

So after that I tried to find the positive in the situation, and it hit me like a rock how ungrateful I was really being. My situation could have been 10 times worse, I could have not noticed I didn't have my flashdrive until I got up to do my presentation. After that healthy dose of reality, I decided that I need to be way better about recognizing the blessings that I do have, and focusing more on the positive of every situation.

3 comments:

Steph said...

Amen to the gratitude.
How did your persentation go?
I still haven't seen the Twilight movie...It's coming out on video soon. I'll rent it and be disappointed like everyone else. :o)

Rach said...

Definitely watch it twice! The first time I watched it I hated it, but once I got over the shock that the movie can't be exactly like the book I liked it a lot.

My presentation went fantastic! Which is another reason why I should be grateful! lol

Joe and Debbie said...

I haven't read the books, my girls have and everyone around me has too but for some reason I just haven't read them YET. But I will.

We are selling our house because, well we do love it, it's georgeous, the view is spectacular, but financially it's killing us especially with the extra mouths to feed, it's been pretty tough times. Joe has knee surgery in Dec. and was out of work for over a month...that certainly didn't help our situation one bit. So it's time to bite the bullet and sell. Not a good time to sell but really we have no choice, dang it anyway.

I was told the dogs were trained....but you have to take them out for walks once in a while, which NEVER happens. They are a big pain in the butt.
Gratitude...I guess I need to have some myself. Darn, I'm busted once again!