Today I was thinking about little things that make me happy, mostly because one of them happened to me today, and I realized the little things that perk me up! :o)
The little things that make me happy are;
- When a gentleman sees you coming and waits to hold the door open for you. and or-waits to enter the building until he's done holding the door for you
- getting a smile from someone I don't know at all.
- Getting a phone call from someone I haven't heard from in a long time.
- Getting a drink at the gas station for 50 cents, instead of 1.25 like they're supposed to charge.
- Have a stranger strike up conversation with me at school. (I like to have friends)
- Going for walks in the park and watching my puppies play.
- Talking to my nephew and niece on the phone.
- My wonderful , Sister, Brother, Brother in Law, and Dad.
- When my hunny say's he loves me :o)
- Getting dressed up to go on a hot date with my hubby.
- Having my hubby notice that I got dressed up for him.
- Watching an episode of the following; Arrested Development, Gilmore Girls, or Scrubs.
- Getting text messages.
- Seeing an 'A' on an exam.
- snuggling on the couch with a good book.
- Getting recognition for a job well done.
I'm sure that I have a lot more little things that make me happy. But what got me thinking was the gentleman (I say gentleman because he wasn't a guy, guy's don't open doors for girls) It made my entire day! He was walking into one of the buildings while I was on my way out. I was still about 10 feet from the door when he noticed me coming- stops outside (in the wind mind you) and opens the door and waits for me to come out of the building. All I have to say is his Momma taught him well!!! It totally perked up the rest of my day. And it may sound stupid for me to write a blog about it....but it really did make me happy! You don't see that too often now a-days.
I can only hope that when I have boys they are polite like that! Not that David doesn't open and hold door's for me. He's always very good about that, but I guess it's just different when someone other than your significant other holds the door for you.
So I guess that's the lesson of the day. To all those men out there....Hold the door open for Women, because it makes us feel all warm and fuzzy inside! haha! Well at least it does to me!



6 comments:
I totally agree about opening doors. So nice. It makes me feel so special. :) Sounds like you have some hard classes this semester. Good luck! I know you'll do fabulous!
Awwww, I like this post. It made me smile that you like talking to my kids on the phone. I never know if it's cute or just really annoying and I only think it's cute because I'm their mom.
Thats good that the little things make you happy! And I bet hearing from your brother is one of them right? Anyway, things are going well for me in the fact Ive got to find another job but meh. I can manage.
I like the update! You are one of my little happy things too!
Love the post. I recieved a compliment from someone other than my significant other yestreday and it boosted my spirits. I went through the Wendy's drive-through..with my kids...and the guy who gave me my food said "You have very pretty eyes." My significant other didn't see why something a "greasy hamburger guy" said would be so great, especially when he (my husband) compliments me all the time. I see his point...but I can't help it. It was a stranger, it was unexpected and it was nice. :oD
You look great - I love your hair. Call me sometime I erally miss working with you in YW's we had a lot of fun. And yes, the girls are still.....well you know,....the same, if you know what I mean. Does dinosaurs eating people ring a bell?
Post a Comment