Tuesday, January 27, 2009

The Biggest loser

WOW-

How much more motivation do you need to get your booty to the gym? I watch that show and then think to myself, wow-I should lay down and do some sit-up's or push ups! And I've actually been doing a really good job at working out everyday. But I can't help but feeling like my 30 minutes I did this morning is enough when I watch that show. Or that I have to work out with the people I watch on the TV screen or something.
I think the worse is when your sitting flipping through channels eating ice cream when Biggest Loser finds you.......Oh man! I can't even enjoy my ice cream after that. I just think that Jillian Michaels would probably make me run for 3 hours straight just to eat it...wait! What am I talking about?!? She wouldn't let you eat ice cream.
The people on that show amaze me though, it helps motivate me while I work out. I have a Jillian Michaels work out DVD and she makes you do a lot of jumping jacks. And she says "There isn't an easy way to do a jumping jack, so you need to give me everything you've got..I've got 400 pound people who can do a jumping jack...so can you!" and then I think, hu, that's true. I really don't have an excuse to not do some jumping jacks.

Anyway, I was just watching biggest loser and thought it was pretty awesome. What I've really been doing tough is avoiding my homework! haha, which I guess I can't put off anymore...sigh wish me luck.

5 comments:

Steph said...

I LOVE that show! I have been in a slump as far as exercise...so I made a commitment with my daughter that we will work out together. I bought some yoga & pilates dvds. It was actually nice to do them with Hannah, I think she enjoys it, too.
I am totally on the Biggest Loser calorie plan. (7 x your body weight = daily calorie allowance.) Have you ever realy tracked your water intake? We, as a family have been tracking it, in an effort to get 8 cups a day. Boy! We haven't slept through the night since. When duty calls...

WASHINGTON SOUTHWORTHS said...

Totally love that show. Unfortunately I'm about 1/2 a season behind and still need to catch up with all of those 2-hour shows sitting in my DVR taking up space. Maybe then Sean will stop giving me dirty looks when he sees how full the DVR is! :)
Anyway... I'm feeling the effects of the gym right now. Have finally been 3 days in a row and I'm feeling pretty good. Gotta keep with it this time.
And I gotta say, I love both Bob and Jillian and would love to have either one as a trainer, but if I could choose I'd probably go with Jillian. I like that she can be a nazi. It gets people moving!

Chisonh said...

Well, I like to think that I am getting some good exercise for walking to and from work, takes me about a half hour. Its not my lazy walk either; I try and power-walk.(though Im not good at it)

Hollee said...

Lol I found a new workout that i LOVE!! I just wish that I had more time in the day to do it.

Joe and Debbie said...

It's one of my favorite show - great way to motivate the rest of us to get up and move our bodies and watch our intake. I bought one of their books and love the receipes, quite tasty. I bought a DVD but last year but it's still in the celophane.....need to do somthign about that.
Anyway, good for you for actually doing something. I love you kiddo. Wish you were back in our ward.