I think it's safe to day that when you go running in the morning, and your butt all ready hurts by noon--your in for a bad day tomorrow!!!
Crime-iny!!! I felt this sudden urge on Sunday night to start working out again (yeah it comes and goes) so I got my booty outta bed this morning and ran....hard. I'm actually kinda impressed with myself how much I actually ran. Normally I always say I'm going to run, but then I end up walking over half of it...haha, come on girls, I know I'm not the only one who does that!
I will admit that I didn't go very far, but here's my justification with that. The further I go, the more I tend to walk-or just jog slower and slower. So I ran my little heart out for about a mile and a half, and then came home and popped in and exercise video for another 2o minutes, so at least that way I kept up a good heart rate the entire time-and I didn't feel like a slacker.
I might die tomorrow though, I can all ready hear my muscles saying "what the heck is wrong with you? why would you do that to us!" Hopefully by the end of the week they forgive me. I'm going to lift weights tomorrow, and my muscles really won't be happy with that one.
So anyway on a different note
My girls that I teach at church always crack me up. They are IN LOVE with my prize box that I have for them. I have some of the best behaved students in primary I think. It's amazing what dollar toys can do to bribe kids in to being good.
The primary president came into my classroom after church was over to tell me a funny story about Gracie. (her daughter) Apparently before I was her teacher there were some Sunday's here and there that she didn't want to go to primary, or church. Thanks to the prize box, that's all changed. Shellie told me every Sunday morning Gracie gets really excited and says "I get to go to primary, and if I'm good, I can have stickers and prize box." (I'm not sure how I feel about that though...yay they come and behave, but only for the prize box)
It's amazing to me how much little kids seem to be able to soak up though. I was sooo proud of my kids a couple weeks ago. I told them the entire story of Christ's Crucifixion, the resurrection, and the Savior appearing to Mary and apostles. They remembered the whole thing! At the end of the class I asked them to tell me the story again, and they caught all the major parts. I was soo excited and proud! Man, it's an awesome feeling being a teacher. They still remember it too, every time we talk about the sacrament, they always say "when Jesus blessed bread and gave it to the apostles" oh....that makes me want to jump out of my seat and smother them in kisses!
I used to think teaching little kids was kind of lame, because they don't ever understand anything. But working with those kids gives me some insight to what it means to be 'like a little child' you can tell them anything, and they accept it..and never second guess it. I guess you could say that's a bad thing when it comes to kids. However, I'm starting to think it shows how much faith little kids have. They have total faith and trust in you, and in whatever you tell them.
No wonder why Heavenly Father wants us to be like children. It kind of reminds me of that story that's in "Believing Christ" when he's teaching his daughter to learn to swim, and he's trying to hold her tummy, but his daughter is flinging her legs and arms all over the place because she's so scared. Finally the Dad just scoops her up and says "Honey! Do you really think I'd let you drown? I'm your Father, I love you. I won't let anything happen to you,trust me"
I think the author of that book got it right on the money. We as adults act like that little kid did, and Heavenly Father is up there saying "calm down, I love you, trust me"
Long story short, I think everyone needs to spend at least a year teaching primary. Then you have a much better glimpse of being 'childlike.'
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
I just realized you got a blog! I can't believe it too me so long to catch on :) Almost a year. Wow. I swear I've looked for it, but today was the first day I found it. Anyway...ha :)
Ahh man, I need to work out. I've been a major slacker. I don't think I have any muscle left. :) Are you working with the older primary girls? I'm in the young womens in our ward and I LOVE it. Girls those ages have so much ahead of them and are so eager for everything. It's an awesome age. Look at me, getting nostalgic...Anyway, long comment, sorry...But I feel adequately caught up after looking through all of your posts! It's been FOREVER!
You're so right! About the whole be like little children thing. Good job for working out. keep it up! Start lifting. You'll get results faster.
You are so happy and kind, of course your class loves you! I don't think it's just the prize box. Anyway, I was thinking I should create a prize box for the RS sisters so they would just LOVE coming to Enrichment...
Are you excited, now? LOL
I updated my blog since we talked last. Check, check, check it out. Check it out!
Post a Comment