Have you ever noticed that once you've been married for a while you automatically think that other married couples your age have better relationships than you do with your husband/wife?? Or if they are way more 'newly wed' than you are, you automatically assume that they have no idea about what 'marriage' really is?
HAHA! Ok I know this sounds really weird, but hear me out. You know how when you meet a new couple, you watch them and it seems like they have the perfect relationship!?! They're lovey-dovey, they talk about how they do cute things for each other all the time-OR they playfully tease each other..blah blah blah (I'm I the only one who encounters people like that?)
So anyway, you see them and think...'hu, my relationship isn't like that,' maybe we need to kick it up a notch!...and if they're more recent to the marriage game you think...'hah! Just wait-It won't stay that way for long!' All the while thinking that maybe your relationship needs some patch up work. Or maybe, just maybe-on the rare occasion you find yourself thinking. 'oh they're so cute, but so are we!'
It's interesting how once you get to know those people, they start to confide things in you. And bit by bit you realize they don't have the perfect relationship. Then you start to look again at your own relationship and think-wow, we have a waaayyyy better relationship then that!
haha! Maybe it's just me, and I'm the only weird person that notices stuff like that. But the more I look at other people's relationships...The more appreciative I am for the relationship that I have with my Husband. I guess this is a round about way of complimenting David and I on the awesome 3 years we've had so far.
I don't know if this blog even made sense, most of the stuff that I think doesn't....But I was thinking about it again today and it made me laugh. I hope others find it funny too! It wasn't entended to be a sersious post! Just a little humorous thinking on marriage!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
uhh...nope. Not in this department yet.
Rachel, you're the best. It's alway seems better lookinf from the outside in....once you're in it all changes.
Hey, how the heck have you been? Shoot me a message on my blog I'd love to hear from you.
I don't know...I guess I don't really think about that. But good job for you guys and your good marriage!!!
Post a Comment