Monday, September 22, 2008

Could last night and today gotten ANY worse?????

Grr! Normally I'm not a fan of venting on blogspot...but I'm still sooo frustrated, and a little sad that I just have to get it off my chest! (Even though I've already spend time crying to Dave about this on the phone)

SOOOO school started today. I was so excited to go, up until last night. (This is where the story starts) I needed to check my schedule because I had no idea where my classes were. I get online last night, log into my account at school-and find that my schedule is COMPLETELY blank for fall term. I was a little worried, because I signed up for communication, math, and psychology. Who in any degree that they go into doesn't need those classes?!?! But I just figured maybe it was because there was a hold on my account because of my financial aid.

(side note) I talked to financial aid the last day of summer term, and they told me everything was fine and my loans were in process....sweet

So I woke up first thing this morning to call financial aid, and see if that's why my classes didn't show up on my schedule-turns out, there was no problem with my schedule...and I mean that's the way it was supposed to be according to the school.

Grr! They told me that my financial aid never got done, and they never got my paperwork reapplying for fall term....WHAT A LOAD OF CRAP IS ALL I HAVE TO SAY. Because David did fafsa for him and me, and he got his loans. Plus I gave the school all of the additional paperwork they needed. That doesn't matter though, they told me I didn't have financial aid, and tuition was due back in August...so I was administratively dropped from all of my classes!

I burst into tears the second I hung up the phone with the lady. I mean really, could they not have sent me a letter or something?!?! That was over a month ago that they dropped me from my classes without me knowing. On to the story though, so I called David frantic. Not knowing if we would even have money for me to go to school this term. Thankfully David maxed out his loans, so I'll have enough money this term.

They have a payment plan you can put yourself on at the college, and I ended up doing that so that I only owed them 350 upfront for my classes, instead of 1,000 dollars. Plus I also had to pay the college because I was dropped from my classes.......seriously!?! because they dropped my classes..I owe them 20 bucks!?! I hate college! Hopefully I can get this mess fixed before my next payment is due on my account....

I was frantically trying to find classes that I could take (at 8 this morning), trying to place my classes in the same schedule that I had them before...turns out I can't take a math class because they're all full, couldn't take psychology because the only time slot interfered with another class, and my communication class I did sign up for was closed. Fantastic!

I ended up getting into 2 accounting classes that I need for my AAS degree, and I communication class that I think I'm going to have to drop. Appearently they only created the class for some kids in an agriculture program.....urg...seriously..what college does that? If it's a private class-LEAVE IT OFF THE WEBSITE.......So instead of being a full-time student. I'm probably only taking 2 classes. Oh well, at least I'm in school and I'm taking something....that's what I keep telling myself. I can't really control what happened.

To make matters worse, I showed up at school ready for class, and it turns out the special communications class (that I probably will have to drop) isn't even in the building it was listed under, and doesn't start until november.....and one of my accounting classes doesn't start for another 2 weeks.

I spent 5 HOURS at the stupid college today, to sit through one class. No wonder why no one wants to go to college...it's a huge pain in the dehrier.

I don't even know this blog makes sense, I probably sound like a 2 year old throwing a temper-tantrum. But that's just what I needed!

3 comments:

Daniel and Tiffany Ward said...

I'm so sorry. School (especially the financial aid) can really pull one over on you.
With what my experience with financial aid is, push the financial aid office to do your paper work. You can still get your aid, even if it's late, as long as it's in this term (or slightly after) that it's processed). Second, if you don't take out loans this term you can increase next terms loan by the amount you had this term, doubling up for next term and taking a little of the sting from this one.
Possibly write a little email to the president of the school, we did this recently because financial aid was throwing us around and circles and magically our papers were processed the same day.
And lastly, I used to know someone that worked in financial aid at Lane, I'm not sure if she still works there but I've been meaning to track her down. If you're interested I can try and contact her, she doesn't work in the front and was always my inside, move my folder to the top of pile, gal. She knows a lot and may help you sort it out. Let me know. My email is TiffSue383@hotmail.com.
Good Luck,
Tiffany

Daniel and Tiffany Ward said...

sorry for all the spelling/grammatical errors.

WASHINGTON SOUTHWORTHS said...

Oh my gosh! You poor thing!! I have never had to go through anything like that with college, but when I go back to school for the next go around, I will probably qualify for financial aid and now I am REALLY not looking forward to the struggle. What a pain! I can't believe they couldn't even notify you. They should've sent out a warning - like a 10-day notice before they dropped your classes and then another notice once it was done. I can't believe that's their policy. So rude. I hope everything works out!