I didn't realize it had been so long since my last blog. Things have been just a little bit crazy since we brought Sydney home.
David said dogs are the best way to decide if your are ready for kids, and I have to say, I kind of agree with that. They poop, whine, always want attention, and tear up your house. In the end, I still love them somehow. Atleast I can feel comforted knowing that having kids is WAY more rewarding then having dogs. (No, I don't want kids anytime soon)
Speaking of tearing up the house, I could have KILLED Roxy. A couple days ago when we were at work, she pulled a bunch of VHS tapes off of our bookshelf and tore then to pieces! David's favorite kid movie "Willow" is now dead, one of my fav's "Galaxy Quest" passed away too.....sigh. I learned my lesson though, that night we went out and bought Roxy a crate, and she has been in it every day since. Maybe I'll trust her again someday.
Sydney is adjusting well to being home with us. I think she had her first bath ever a couple weeks ago. She got really sick and soiled herself all over her crate, so Dave and I had to give her a nice LOOOONNNGGGG bath. She has had a lot of dandruff since then, and her hair is falling out like crazy. I might have to take her to the vet to see what is going on with that. Not to mention she needs to have shots/and get spayed.
Well, something aside from dogs. Dave and I tried to get in school at a community college here, because we thought we could start school in 2 weeks instead of 2 months...but it turned out it didn't work that way. They expected you to have your financial aid completed before you registered for classes, and ours will take at least 2 weeks to process, so, we got stooped once again when it came to school. We are both going to start summer term FOR SURE though.
Normally David and I don't do fun things for each other on holidays-we either don't have money, or we just don't take the time to do fun things for each other...But I finally did for Easter! I went out and got Dave some Ande's mints, and some peanut-butter m&m's, along with a chocolate bunny, and put them in eggs and everything! (I know this isn't much of an accomplishment...but it was HUGE for me...ha ha) I also left him little notes in the egg's with the candy. Sweet nothings if you will....But anyway, Dave loved it.
So I hope everyone has a wonderful Easter!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
It was so fun to have you guys over this weekend! Anytime you guys want to come and stay you are more than welcome. Dogs or kids.....I think the biggest difference is that you can't leave your kids alone...ever. Dogs you can stick in a crate for the day, kids, not so much. Just keep on trying with school, do whatever it takes to make the plunge! Good luck! You guys are doing great!
Post a Comment