Thursday, January 14, 2010

Cause I'm leavin on a jet plane!!!!!!

I'm so excited. I bought a ticket 2 weeks ago to see my best friend in Cedar City, UT! She just found out she was pregnant a couple weeks ago, so by the time I go next month she'll be ready to hear the heartbeat of her new little baby. And I get to hear too!!! I'm SO excited. I haven't seen her in about 2 years.
I'm going to fly into Vegas on her birthday, and were gonna have some fun there before we head back to Cedar. I'll have to post about it after I go, well, except the Vegas part.....you know what they say!

Aside from that I had some really huge blessings come my way. As a lot of you know, I've been attending CBC for the past year. I was planning on getting an associate degree in Medical reimbursement and coding, and the program was so small that my graduation date kept getting pushed back because of canceled classes because of low enrollment.

I had a meeting with one of my professors last Friday so I could see how I did on last quarter's final. (Which I got an 'A' on. YAY) Anyway, I was telling her how frustrated I am because this program is taking me forever, and it's not even accredited by AHIMA. (Association of Health Care Information Management) I also told her I found a college in Idaho that had a program, but I couldn't get a hold of anyone. My professor suggested I look at online colleges in Washington, because there was a better chance my credits would transfer. So I took her advice and looked online. I found a college in Seattle that had an accredited program, sent the advisor/department head an email message to see if they would accept transfer students
-AND within an HOUR she got back to me and said they accepted transfer students and would be more then happy to look at my transcripts. I sent her unofficial transcripts so she could see them right then, and she was actually pretty impressed with my previous classes.

SO long story short. She accepted me into the program (before admissions at the college even had my application). Threw me into 2 online classes a week and a half late. And stoked the enrollment employee's until they did my application. This woman is a saint.

Now I've had the fun task of catching up with all my school work, so in a way, it was a HUGE blessing that I don't have a job.

The other huge news is, now that I found an online college to go to--Dave and I are jumping ship this summer and moving to Idaho. David is going to be a vandal (I'm so proud of him) and do their landscape architecture program , and possibly structure and design architecture. I'm SOOOO happy we can get him in school. I've been stressing out for months about David having to sit around Tri-Cities longer, just for me to wrap things up at CBC. But, this way, we both win! :o)

I feel so blessed that my prayers have been answered!

3 comments:

Bryan, Stacie, Claire, Mia and Buddy said...

I'm glad that your prayers have been answered, but we will truly miss you here in the Tri-cities.

Steph said...

Nicely done! :o)

Jen said...

Whew, it's amazing how we wait and wait and wait and then BAM! Problems solved! Good luck seester.